During our career fair today we connected girl scouts with professionals – this is from the series of the Career Data Card we provided:
Brief Job description:
• Advise clients on investments to help them achieve their savings and retirement goals.
• Active listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of available investment options and the ability to determine whether they are suitable given the client’s objectives
• Service oriented focus
• Negotiation and social perceptiveness
• Bachelors or Masters
• Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) licensing
Fun fact about the job:
• I work for American Airlines, so I can travel to meet my clients.
Favorite thing about my job:
• I get to meet a variety of people and enjoy helping them.
Similar job or jobs you work with every day:
• Stock Broker
• Hedge Fund Manager
• Investment Advisor
• Life Insurance Representative